Saturday 13 November 2010

GoLift interviews...

We thought we would share some info on our own training, goals, hobbies, nutrition etc. Please add you own list to our comments:

Name: Robbie

Favourite Lift: Snatch when I’m lifting well

Least Favourite Lift: Snatch when I’m not lifting well

Short and Long Term Goals:
Short-term - To improve my strength through the full range of movement and snatch 90kg by Xmas. Snatch 85kg last week so getting close and follow Mobility WOD to make myself do some mobility work each day.
Long-term – Keep lifting; training hard and most importantly enjoy it. Want to lift till I’m about 35 then go do some ultra endurance events.

Hobbies/Activities outside of Training:
Love to eat steak, read the paper, being outdoors, swim in the ocean and spending time with my girlfriend/family/friends. I do like the odd cycle, climbing a few mountains, all watersports and having relaxing Sundays in which I just ‘Potter About.’

How is your Diet: Could always be better but I am not totally strict on what I eat. Follow Robb Wolff thinking with the Paleo Nutrition but I will say again that I am not strict Paleo eater. Keep the meat and fish intake high with 200g of protein per day. Always eat some berries in the morning and fish oil supplementation for anti-inflammatory reasons. Get my fruit and veg in everyday and love my double espresso twice a day to keep me going. I use protein post-workout and that’s it, no magic mix that will make me as stacked as a Bulgarian weightlifter. Keep it basic and get the calories in everyday, which enables me to train hard.

Advice for someone new to lifting: Find a coach, listen to them, be patient, train hard & recover well. I started lifting with no coach and wasn’t able to put my body into the positions it needs to go to be a good lifter. I trained poorly too often and didn’t let my body recover or adapt. I learnt some important lessons through trial and error so don’t make the same mistakes as me.

Name:

Timmy

Favourite Lift - Snatch

Least Favourite Lift - Snatch Balance

Short and Long Term Goals - To achieve short term goals for long term results in everything.

Hobbies/Activities outside of Training - Searching for the best eating spots in the province, cooking, social banter with family and friends, and reading my Bible daily.

How is your Diet - I like the occasional Lemon Meringue once a week although people call me “Health Freak” so I’ll let you be the judge that.

Advice for someone new to lifting - Perseverance - Take your time especially when technique is so important.

Neil

Favourite Lift - I enjoy both lifts equally.

Least Favourite Lift - Same as Robbie, the snatch technically has to be so precise as weight goes up, margin for error decreases. Causing me many frustrating misses.

Short and Long Term Goals - Playing football, work, family life etc have meant until the summer I can only get in max. 2-3 sessions a week. So maintinance is priority until footy season ends - try and keep strength up. Long Term (next couple of years) I would like to compete to have clearer focus to my training and to get the buzz on the platform.

Hobbies/Activities outside of Training - Family time - Married with baby girl, relaxing at home, always keep a check on various blogs/websites eg. calstrength, cataylst, etc. emmanuel church and bible study.

How is your Diet - Think its pretty good, but could be better too. try to be organised and plan ahead to ensure good choices. Bought paleo solution book recently.

Advice for someone new to lifting - Give it a go! Never compromise technique for weight. Set realistic goals - what do you want to get out of it. Be accountable to someone - training partner or coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment